After I exposed my new idea about Isla Múcura in Clare’s session, I left with the bones of my story built and ready to go. Even though my story is based on a true one, some information of Luis’ story was lacking it had gaps that I had to fill with imagination until the story had sense.
- Boy lives in an island
- He falls in love with a girl
- Can’t write or read -> Can’t write her a love letter
- Friend helps him
- Friend and girl fall in love and leave the island together
- Boy realises the importance of reading and writing and learns.
- Luis is a shy and illiterate boy who lives in Isla Múcura (Island in the Colombian Caribbean)
- One day he sees Maria and falls in love with her.
- Luis tries to write her a letter but he can’t.
- Juan, his friend, helps him to write down Luis’ feelings, signed anonymous.
- Juan delivers the letter under a rock on Maria’s door and he leaves.
- Maria sees him leaving and thinks that Juan is her admirer, not Luis.
- Maria replies back to Juan.
- Juan reads Maria’s reply and falls in love with her as well.
- Maria and Juan start exchanging letters in secret.
- Meanwhile Luis checks his own rock everyday expecting a response or a sign from Maria.
- One day Luis sees Juan and Maria together.
- Luis is sad and tries to go talk to Maria to tell her he loves her.
- Maria and Juan leave the island together.
- Luis never gets to talk to Maria.
- Luis is devastated.
- Luis realises the importance of knowing how to read and write.
- Luis starts to learn by himself.
- One day Luis and another girl have eye contact.
- Luis starts writing her a letter.